Financial illiteracy is a ‘disease’ that has crippled dreams of many, unfortunately this knowledge is not often taught from corridors of academic institutions. Financial literacy is an habit, a lifestyle everyone must develop. We live in a society of instant gratification, the incessant urge to spend on consumables have eaten so many like a cankerworm that it would take years of training and discipline to break free from. Many would have to pass through the school of 'Hard Knocks' to really understand the need of being financially intelligent. It's disheartening today, that many incurred on themselves debts even to the point of being blacklisted, all in the bid to put up an appearance that they are financially successful. There is a clear difference between looking financially successful and being truly successful. It’s not in the look, it’s in your assets and investments.
Successful people understand how to live within their means and use loan as a leverage to expand their streams of income. Wealthy people avoid overspending by paying their future selves first. They save 20 percent of their net income and live on the remaining 80 percent. Among those who are struggling financially, almost all are living above their means.... Read More
Ken Blanchard once said, “Feedback is the breakfast of champions,” as we continue on our journey to success. It is important we look at the role of getting feedback. There are two kinds of feedback you might encounter – negative and positive. We tend to prefer the positive – that is, results, money, praise, a raise, a promotion, inner peace and intimacy. It feels better. It tells us that we are on course, that we are doing the right thing.
We tend not to like negative feedback – lack of results, little or no money, criticism, poor evaluations, unhappiness, or inner conflict... Read More
Daniel Cole is an International Motivational Speaker, Inspirational writer, Columnist and a Published Authour.