It's been 10 days that we usher in the new year with great excitement, joy, enthusiasm and celebration, 2018 is no longer in view, it is now a reality. Of the 365 days in the year, 9 days are gone never to return again. While some are still trying to get "themselves together" after the long holiday, some are already making the most of the year. As awkward as it may sound, the reality is, there is nothing new about the year, it's only a change of calendar. What will make the year new for you is the "New you" in the new calendar.
Before the year get so too busy, take time out to take an inventory of the previous year (2017). Evaluate yourself: What are your failures in 2017 and what lessons did you learn from them? What are the opportunities you didn't take advantage of that slipped away? What are the relationships you don't value that should have been a major source of blessings for you? What are the risk you ought to have taken that would have bring tremendous reward, but as a result of fear you hold back? What are the early health checkup you ought to have done only to realize the damage would have been averted if it has been done earlier? What are the courses you should have taken, but only to realize that the promotion you are due for requires a certification in that course.
To make the most of 2018, you first need to know the things that hold you back in 2017. Success is not magical, dreams are not actualized as a result of mere wishing for it, if wishes are horses even beggars will ride. Be your own critic, truthfully and genuinely evaluate yourself.
To make the most of this year, the following strategies will help you chart your course
1. Set Goals: Without goals there is no drive of pursuit, without drive, life is lived on chance and luck. However, don't just set goals, set realistic goals. Be specific and don't be vague. I will be rich is not a goal, it's a mere wish. How rich do you want to be and what is the timeline to attain it.
2. Nurture credible relationships: Your first greatest assets in life is your health, second to that is your relationship. Don't underestimate the power of friendship. Invest in productive relationship. Avoid toxic people, keep your friend circle small, genuine and authentic.
3. Invest in financial education: money matters. Money is at the core of every dream. Educate yourself on financial literacy, that would be one of the best investment you can ever give to yourself. You are either making money or making excuse, the choice is yours.
4. Keep Healthy: Health is the bedrock of every life pursuit. It is a disaster to have a dream without health to pursue it. Eat healthy, give yourself adequate rest, go for regular checkups and ensure a balance not just in your physical fitness, but also in your mental and emotional wellbeing.
5. Stay close to God: We live in a broken world, where most find it difficult to have a true spiritual compass to navigate with. God is real and he oversees the affairs of all mankind. It is in walking with God we can really find true meaning to all life achievement. t.
Daniel Cole is an International Motivational Speaker, Inspirational writer, Columnist and a Published Authour.